Why choose Translators Family for your legal translation projects?
- Highly experienced legal translators with extensive knowledge of the specialist terminology used in the legal sector.
- Sworn translations certified by legal translators for your official documentation.
- First-class translations that meet your deadlines.
- 5-step quality control for translations.
- Our quality assurance procedure guarantees complete consistency of terminology, numerical accuracy and ultimately that the finished product is completely free of errors.
- We utilise only the very latest cutting-edge linguistic tools, allowing us to amass a comprehensive set of glossaries, in combination with our extensive dictionaries of related technical terms. Together, they help our team to ensure that they deliver work efficiently and with the highest accuracy at every stage of the project.
Did you know…
A legal translator needs to be able not only to translate the meaning of a text, but also be able to take account of the legal culture of the source country and express it in terms of the legal culture of the target language. It’s almost like performing two simultaneous translations of one document.
Here is a simple example. In Ukraine there is a type of business entity which can be translated literally as “physical person – entrepreneur”. In Russia, the same type of business entity (again translated literally) is called an “individual entrepreneur”. What would be the correct way to translate it into English? Literally, or by finding an equivalent in Anglo-Saxon legislation? Which legislation to be exact – of the US, the UK, or elsewhere? If you are translating into British English, then we suggest using the British equivalent – “sole trader”. If into American English, then “sole proprietor” would fit better. And there exist far more complicated juristic terms, which often should not be translated word for word, but instead localised into the target language.
Get a Quote
It will only take 5 minutes of your time
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website and Translators Family.